Thursday, April 26, 2007

My Sheep Doesn't Bark!


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Four phrases to start up:

-Sheep sold as poodles in Japan for the equivalent of $1600 each.
-Famous Japanese actress wonders why new poodle (actually a sheep) won't bark or eat dog food.
-Couple surprised when told their “dog” had hooves.
-Thousands of Japanese were cheated into buying lambs they thought were poodles.

I mean, it’s true that poodle’s fur is slightly and ONLY slightly similar to sheep. I don’t mean to be harsh on Japanese… I am a ¼ oriental myself… but come on, Japan! We don’t have llamas or lambs here in Florida, but we definitely know the difference between those and a dog.

Hundreds of lambs were shipped over from the UK and Australia to Japan by an internet company and marketed as poodles... the “latest 'must have' pet”. But the scam was only noticed after a Japanese actress said her 'poodle' didn't bark and refused to eat dog food.

The article claims that, since sheep are very rare animals in Japan, it's not surprising that people didn't know what they looked like, and were fooled. But seriously, they know what dogs look like, and they should have known immediately that the paws are different… the face altogether! It never crossed their minds something like:

"Hey, I don't know what that is, but I can tell you it's not a dog. What's up with its feet? They're like... hooves or something."

Here’s the full article sent to me by a good friend of mine:

Japanese Fooled in Poodle Scam


No comments: