Monday, April 23, 2007

Some numbers

Last night I went to this awesome, awesome “Clap Your Hands Say Yeah” concert at Revolution. I usually do not go to Sunday concerts if I have to work the next day, but I just couldn't miss this performance. The show was scheduled for 7p, but you know how that goes… It means that it’ll probably start about 2 hours later. So this is how my night (and the next day) went… in numbers…

7:37p
I get to Revolution all happy and content to see this great band live for the first time ever and with camera on hand, with plans of taking pictures so I can post them on my weblog for my fellow readers to see! I find a not-too-expensive parking lot about 5 blocks away from the venue. I get to the front door, show my tix and find out that the band doesn’t allow cameras. So I miserably had to walk back and forth those 5 blocks and leave the damn camera in the car.

9:04p
So I finally meet my friends there and the show starts… and what a great show that was! I danced and screamed until I ran out of energy!

11:09p
I was STILL dancing my butt off! Like I don’t have to go to work the next day... (Mind you, Revolution is in downtown Fort Lauderdale and I live in Miami… JUST about a 45 minute drive).

12:43a
I finally get home tired... shower, go to bed but unable to fall asleep, and having to show up to work at 6:30a (7:30a the latest).

3:12a
I was still unable to fall asleep being in bed for two and a half hours because, when I am alone in the dark and cannot sleep, I get all cuckoo. I spent that time worrying about such topics as:

- “I wonder why my cat is so quiet tonight...”
- “Am I having a heart attack?”
- “Did I turn off the burner on the stove?”
- “Geez, where am I gonna take my mom for mother’s Day?!”
- “Did I set my alarm?”
- “What’s that, I hear?!”
- “Did I leave the balcony light on?”
- “I really need my paycheck soon, or otherwise I am %@#$.”
- “I should have placed the frozen fish on the refrigerator so is ready to cook for Monday night. Damn it!”
- “Seriously, I think I am having a heart attack.”

3:46, 4:12, 4:45
Times I saw on my clock as I woke up from time to time throughout the night, worrying about the topics I mentioned earlier.

5:35a
Time I eventually got out of bed (I usually get up at 5:00a). I know for sure I am not getting to work at 6:30a, as I typically do.

7:28a
Time I finally got to work (looking like a zombie).

5:45p
Time I got to my car and started driving home after a looong (but productive) day.

67
Time, in minutes, it took me to get to my apartment into a moving car.

18
Time, in minutes, this should take without traffic.

No comments: