Wednesday, June 20, 2007

More From The Music Department

'Once Upon a Time' Air
I’ve been a fan of this Indie duo since I was a freshman in college. Their use of chilled out, down-tempo electronica, and subtle synths are there to create a celestial feel to their sound. So far, all their previous albums have been wonderful, but ever since they released their latest CD ‘Pocket Symphony’, I’ve wondered if this one would be as good as the rest. After listening for the first time, this single and possibly the entire album will be much appreciated by the old school Air fan.


'Cold Wind' Arcade Fire

This Indie band has gained popularity in the past months. It’s a great band but their sound is mainly dark… but not dark as in gothic or punk… dark as in slow paced, atmospheric and sometimes melancholic sound. This song starts with a nostalgic acoustic guitar, and later on is mixed with an organ. And when I think organ, I think of a creepy sound in an old church. Do not discard this band if you’re not convinced when you first listen to it. The band’s sound is very layered and dense. It will possibly grow on you… possibly.




'All I Want' Jehro (Stephane Pompougnac’s Hotel Costes: Vol. 9)

I have been an avid Hotel Costes fan, and this latest compilation is fantastic. I think this song is the hero of the collection. If you like lounge music, you’ll be the next Costes fan… or maybe you are already.


2 comments:

Chris said...

Hey here's a geeky question. How did you link the tunes to your post? I'd like to figure out how to do that as my mission is to expose the rest of the world to the great obscure Canadian bands out there, with a few Scottish ones thrown in for good measure.

Arcade Fire - nice.

Jamie said...

Hi Chris! Go to http://www.radioblogclub.com/
Open an account and look for tracks by song or artist. Aside from getting the embed code, you can also customize the look of he player. Nice huh?
Send me some canadian bands! I am always looking for new music.

J