Tuesday, June 12, 2007

The Wee House


I consider myself a city girl, and if you were to ask me today if I would move somewhere in the mountains permanently, I would say: "Oh! No way Jose!". But I do know there might be a time in my life, when I am much older, that I probably would be willing to live some place like that… if I had 10 wee houses like this one to fit all my treasures… AND with power and internet access…


The Wee house by Alchemy Architects is a lovely pre-fab modular house with a nice modern design, and according to the architect's website, it starts at a construction cost of about $69.5K… which is not bad considering that the fit and finish are as good as the ones you see on site built custom home.


The size, layout and finishes are completely custom to each client so one can upgrade the home as they wish.
It's a good idea for those days when a little house in the middle of nowhere seems like a perfect escape plan.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Am gonna need about 20 of these things.