Sunday, July 29, 2007

My Birthday

So, today I am 28 years old... 28, yikes!
Being 28 years old confirms something that I’ve been suspecting for a while: I am in my late 20’s.

Yep. 27 was a great year of fame, fortune, rock and roll, expensive traveling with style, surrounded at all times by Paul Banks, John Krasinski, Daniel Craig... well, the last one is not true... okay, okay! none of this is true with the exception of the rock and roll part.

But one thing is true, I feel good about my life so far up to 28. I have a degree and two jobs: writing (which I enjoy the most) and working as a production planner.





[The picture on the left is when I graduated from high school. During that time, I was already working as an animal handler for the local circus.]



I have a great family. I have really cool friends (special thanks to Lety, Anny, Kim, Henry, Brian, Paola, Fran, Ari, and Karen). I also got the gifts I asked for, and more:

• A piece of chocolate cake… Check!
(Thanks, Ari.)










• Phone calls, emails, comments and/or a visit to congratulate me and to tell me how awesome I am… Check!










• A pack of diet Coke or Pepsi… Check!
• Flowers… Check!
• A slice of pizza at Andiamo. - This one is coming soon, so… Check!
• A bottle of Warsteiner. Killian or Bass at the local bar… Check!

• A bowl of Atlanta Bread Company's pumpkin soup… didn’t get it but there was plenty of food, so no need for soup.








The picture below was taken when I was around 1 year old. As you can see, I've been a little chubby most of my life (in this picture I was probably looking at a piece of chocolate that someone was eating).

To sum up, my birthday weekend was great! I had an awesome time with friends and family.

Thank you everyone for all your birthday wishes.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad you had a good time, you deserve it :)

Anonymous said...

Happy belated birthday, Jamieland!

Anonymous said...

Feliz cumple, Jamiesita!

Froggy said...

Awww...that was sweet. I know I'm a bit late in reading it, but better late than never. Glad you had a great time. OPA!!!!