Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Dear Mr. Barista

Dear Mr. Barista,

As you might have noticed this morning, I was really tired today… I mean really, really, really tired. I couldn’t sleep very well last night. I was able to get some sleep after 2am, but when the alarm clock rang at 5am, I woke up really, really, really, REALLY angry. So I had no other choice but to stand up, and get ready to go to work. Now there’s something I crave for every morning: coffee or hot chocolate.

You see… almost every morning I go to the local Starbucks and buy myself either a Vanilla Latte or a Hot Chocolate. I frequent the same place, so the staff knows me by name and knows exactly what I’m going to order before I even open my mouth (thanks to Chris, Heather and Laurie). But today, I took a different route to go to work and stopped at a different Starbucks location… and that’s where I met you.

I love my coffee and my chocolate, so you can imagine my dismay when you handed my grande vanilla latte with almost half the cup full of foam (which I didn’t even request, by the way). You included a generous amount of “air space” in my cup! I take my latte without flavored syrups, foam and with very little to no whipped cream.

It may seem unimportant to you, but if I buy a grande, I want a grande… not ¾ of a grande.
I paid almost $4 for it! And in addition, I was so damn sleepy today that I really could have used that one inch of latte you denied me!

I needed it!

Sincerely,

The Chief Pompomist

2 comments:

Froggy said...

I see you're a bit grumpy this morning madam. That's ok for today, but tomorrow you better be a little cheery.

Anonymous said...

Haha! I love your open letters!