Sunday, August 26, 2007

New Delivery From The Music Department

The Strokes - 'Reptilia'
I cannot stop telling how much I like this band… they’re just exceptional. I could also talk about how I am in love with the guitar progressions in this song, but I won’t because this article could get pretty lengthy. Plus the lead singer, Julian Casablancas, is one of the best rock singers I've ever heard. Anyhow, Reptilia it’s just a great little rock song that sounds unlike anything I’ve heard in a long time. If you like garage Indie rock, download this one! You won’t be disappointed.




Good Shoes - 'Morden'
There are many versions of this song, and the one shown on this video is great but not my favorite. The important thing is that Good Shoes is a wonderful new Indie band that provides us with energetic, jumpy pop music loaded with melodies. There is something delightful about their speedy rhythms and simple, yet witty lyrics.
This song is an ode to their hometown, Morden, and one of the standouts from their awesome debut album ‘Think Before You Speak’.




Gorillaz - 'Dirty Harry'
Gorillaz is an awesome band made up of cartoon characters, and this song is one of my favorite. Damon Alburn from Blur is the mastermind behind the concept and the band has an eclectic mix of sounds that incorporates hip hop, electro and even reggae at times. Gorillaz may not be real, but their sound is.


No comments: