Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Some Of The Most Repulsive Buildings I've Ever Seen

[Vote for the ugliest building at the column to the right]

Talking about ugly, I don't know what to say to the architects who designed the following buildings. I guess I should say... congratulations for coming up with such horrendous structures. So here they are in no particular order:

Tuk Chang
Location: Bangkok, Thailand
Architect: Arun Chaiseri Group

Tuk Chang translates as ‘elephant building’... does this really look like an elephant?


Russian Embassy Building
Location: Havana, Cuba
Architect: Unknown

I am still trying to figure out the concept behind this horrific chunk of concrete.


Hotel Sofitel
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Architect: Kikutake Architects

This looks like a Christmas tree made in a Commodore 64.


Ryugyong Hotel
Location: Pyongyang, North Korea
Architect: Baikdoosan Architects

This ugly building was left unfinished in 1992 and the crane is still sitting on top of it.


Taipei 101
Location: Taipei, Taiwan
Architect: C. Y. Lee & Partners

Some of you might disagree with me here, but to me the tallest building in the world right now looks like a giant robot with a belt.


Torre Velasca
Location: Milan, Italy
Architect: Belgiojoso, Peressutti & Rogers

Another massive piece of concrete with no grace. Is sad that is located across the historical and beautiful Milan cathedral.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Taipei 101 suppose to represent a bamboo shoot, young and green, and full of potential...like Taiwan. It is Taipei's Eiffel Tower and grand pagoda. It is a symbol of Taiwan standing alone, but resolutely strong, in the face of weak world countries too afraid of China to recognize Taiwan as an independent country.

Froggy said...

I would have to say Torre Velasca is pretty bad out of all of them.

Anonymous said...

I wolud say Ryugyong Hotel

Unknown said...

Well 1st off, I'd like someone to recognize that there are a few people who read this blog whose salaries were supported by the high-tech facade cladding on Taipei 101. 2nd, that elephant building is horrendous!

Anonymous said...

I like Taipei 101, everything else is pretty bad.

Unknown said...

where is my comment ?
me too I like Taipei. the italian building is horrible !