Sunday, November 25, 2007

An Open Letter To My IPod

Dear IPod,

It’s been a long, painful and panic-inducing week with the radio since you’ve been sick.

Last time I heard you, The Strokes were rocking and rolling wonderfully while I was walking down the streets of NYC. But now I find myself scanning through a bunch of useless radio stations playing tedious songs from artists? like Daddy Yankee, Lil' Jon, Fergie, T-Pain, Britney and 50 Cent… just to name a few. I drive around the city, trying to find one single good song I can sing along with until I get to my final destination.

I know, I know. It was bad when I dropped you at Starbuck a year ago; or when I left you inside the Honda exposed to high temperatures; or when I spilled Pepsi on you that time; or when I left you behind at a friend’s house until I rescued you.

But you’re a warrior. You’ve been with me since your infancy almost 3 years ago and I cultivated you into my eclectic musical taste. Now I don’t know if to take you to the doctor in an attempt to revive you or if to trade you for a younger, smarter, thinner you.

But for now, I will continue removing the dust off of those old CDs I used to play.

I am sick of the Top 40!

Jamie G. Awesome

5 comments:

Froggy said...

Bye Bye!!!! =(

Unknown said...

I think I have a Nelson cassette I can let you borrow. I'm rockin out with the NKOTB one now, but you can listen to it when I'm done :) :)

Unknown said...

You can try this.
http://www.crunchgear.com/2007/03/05/crunchgear-how-to-fix-an-ipod-that-wont-boot/

It worked, and made me smile again.

Jamie said...

Ake, I will check the website. Thanks for your help!

Jamie
=^.^=

Anonymous said...

You like the strokes? well try these:
Boy Kill Boy, Maximo Park, Enter Shikari, Klaxons, Hot Hot Heat, Paramore, 30 Seconds To Mars, The Subways, Maccabees... oh i could go on and on and on. And BTW won an ipod mini last month so Nyaaaaahhhh! lol