Sunday, November 4, 2007

A Small Delivery From The Music Department

'Lover I Don't Have To Love' - Bright Eyes
This is a song with a semi-industrial style, a dark bass line, creepy bell sound and lyrics that don’t describe an ideal love but more like sexual lust.
There are few writers out there who can capture in writing life's true pain of love lost and love never found. But Conor Oberst, singer and songwriter for Bright Eyes, has found it in his emotional lyrics and his passionate delivery of pain.
Yeah, I have to admit I had to learn to like this album. It's definitely an acquired taste and not suitable for a weak heart.


'Nocovaine For The Soul' - Eels

This is a decent song, although I remember listening to this album for the first time a while back and saying: ‘Eh, it’s alright, not bad’ or ‘Eh, that's okay’. I have a little problem with this band… they just don’t blow me away.
"Novocaine for the Soul" is their best single in my opinion but I wouldn’t give it a 10... I really want to but for some reason I can’t. Maybe is the singer’s voice or the instrumentation being unspectacular. I know of a few people who absolutely love this band, but I still don’t understand why.

No comments: