Thursday, May 31, 2007

Guitar Competition... Oh, It's On!

…An the competition starts now!
After I posted the video of guitarist Andy McKee and said that he’s the best guitar soloist I’ve ever seen, some have disagreed with my former statement.
I have received emails and also a video of another guitar soloist who is, according to my friend Humberto, much better than McKee. He says that I’ve been fooled by McKee’s ‘hand game’. So now that we are at it, let’s start sort of a competition, shall we?
If you find a better guitar soloist than McKee and Jie, send it to me and I’ll post it for people to deliberate their opinion.
Here is a video of Chinese guitar virtuoso, Li Jie (Humberto, I made a little research on who this person is). According to Wikipedia, she was born in 1981 and began studying classical guitar at the age of 11. Now, a professional musician, she is highly appraised by many famous musicians.
She won the 2nd international guitar competition in Hong Kong in August 1998.



So, what do you think? Who's best? Post a comment with your answer...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Two different techniques but the little girl get the credits.

Anonymous said...

this girl is talented but the performance is a little boring.the other guitarist combines percussion... and i like percussion.