Sunday, June 24, 2007

When I buy a magazine, these are my requirements:

It has to be non-tabloid related. I don’t want to buy something with Nicole Ritchie on the cover and a headline saying: ‘Does that little belly bump means she’s pregnant? I couldn’t give two sh*ts about either their personal life or opinion.
It has to be non-sports related. I find these booring.
It has to be non-fitness related. Or health, or bodybuilding…
It has to be non-golf/fishing/puppies related. Why would anyone subscribe to a cats or dogs magazine? Perhaps if you own a puppy shop… and still…
I don’t like political journals. When it comes to political inclinations, I am a middle-of-the-road citizen. Some political articles can be interesting, but most of these magazines are full of either extreme liberal notes or conservative bulls*t and I’m not into that at all.
I don’t like to read about things I can’t afford. This can be fun once in a while, but I don’t need one-hundred pages of Rolls Royce, Cartier, Tiffany or seeing photos of billionaires at some important social gathering.


Muy Interesante. I like to read about interesting stuff and useful items I can afford, written by people who are cool enough and not by people who try too hard to sound “cool”.


Many of you readers know my tastes fairly well by now. I want something I can like enough to purchase on a consistent basis.

No comments: