Sunday, June 24, 2007

Saturday Activities...

Yesterday I spend most of the day at a co-workers gathering or ‘Fun Day’. It took place at a beautiful park which had access to the beach. My time was occupied by two main activities:

1. a significant portion of the afternoon was spent taking pictures… one of my favorite hobbies. Even though some of the attendees thought I was crazy because of my tendency to take pictures of branches, trees, benches and other things people usually ignore but can be motivating, I was able to capture some interesting shots. Like these ones:


free image hosting


free image hosting

2. I also spent some time playing volleyball. Going back in time, I learned how to play tennis when I was 9 years old... and was very good at it. My tennis professor used to say that if you’re fairly good in tennis, then you’re not good in volleyball, basketball or ping pong…
The answer? I suck in volleyball… big time! I was indeed the worst player of the team. They were better off not having me there. I was definitely at the bottom of the barrel (my scores: crappy, defeated, zero, nada, not even close). They were all laughing at me... even I was laughing at myself.


free image hosting


free image hosting

I also saw some very amusing events. Like this SUV driving with about 3-4 bikes hanged in front of the car like a public bus… a great way to get into an accident and obstruct the view to the wonderful scenery.


free image hosting


free image hosting

Late in the afternoon, we all headed to a nice seafood restaurant. The dinner was unbelievable. The seafood was so good that if used properly could easily win us the war in Iraq. Now the bad thing is… I have intolerance and/or allergic reaction to most of this delicious seafood. I ordered something I can eat, but it’s inevitable the fact that traces of the unwanted foods will be present on my dish. Oh well… I ate most of it anyways. This was followed by a shared chocolate ‘suicide’ cake (yes, that’s the real name of it)…goodness gracious! Unreal… just plain unreal.
Half an hour later, I started feeling joint pain and my hands started to swell a little. Shortly after I got home, I developed hives… great... I took an anti-allergy pill and went to sleep.
I told myself several times between the hours of 2am and 4am that I have to go to work. Then my biological clock woke me up at about 6am, and that’s when I remembered it was actually Sunday… not Monday. Boy! Isn’t that great when you realize the weekend isn’t over yet!?
I still have some hive marks today but not too bad. At least it didn’t stop me from enjoying my Sunday.
Anyhow, I had a good time on Saturday: spent some time with friends, enjoyed the outdoors, and showcased my horrible volleyball skills (at least it was fun and humorous). Tonight, I am going to get some sushi, plan next week's articles, take another anti-allergy pill, and sleep for hours.

Hope you all enjoyed your weekend.


No comments: