Sunday, April 29, 2007

Anny's Party... Plus The Aftermath

The Occasion
One of my best friends, Anny, is graduating tomorrow of her Masters Degree in Construction Management, so her husband threw a party to celebrate with friends and family. Anny has been my friend for about 9 years or so. We were also college classmates while studying ‘architorture’.


free image hosting


free image hosting


The Cast
Anny, Rolando (her husband), Alex, Yoka, Lise; long time friends from college like Sally, Paola among others; some new friends, like Mio, Gianny and Tony; plus some 20+ friendly young adults. To sum up, an awesome young crowd.

The Place
An apartment building’s clubhouse in Aventura. The place had a nicely decorated pool area with a great water view overlooking Sunny Isles (see picture above).

The Language
Speaking Dominican (yes, it’s kind of a language on its own), Puerto Rican on occasion, and English of course. I don’t think we used any sentences during the party that didn’t contain the words rum, sushi, refajo, Brugal, eto (yes, that’s a word) , una fria, chimi, motorita, motoconcho (yep, a couple more), beer, domino or champagne. It’s interesting the happiness that a good supply of alcohol can quickly bring to a group of respectable young professionals. We laughed, and danced, and drank, some played dominoes, others jumped in the pool, and talked, and drank, and sang, and drank again…


free image hosting


free image hosting


The Aftermath
When I got home just after 3am last night, I was very tired and beat. I opened the door to my apartment, said hello to Mr. NeoTheCat, took a shower and crashed in bed. Until I woke up at about 10ish today and noticed that, I was literally beat up. Not only had I had various cuts and scrapes, but also a couple of mysterious bruises in my arms. I have no idea how any of these happened, but I do have two possible scenarios:
1. Either I hit myself yesterday while at the party with a countertop or table or something while dancing or drinking Mimosas and wine.
Or 2. Maybe last night I forgot to lock the door to my bedroom before going to sleep and Mr. NeoTheCat opened the door (oh yeah, somehow he learned to open doors), came into my bedroom as I slept, and scratched and beat me with a hammer (he’s been mad at me for the past three weeks because I don’t let him go outside anymore, as per the vet’s request). I probably awoke unconsciously and raised my arms to defend myself. Then perhaps he got tired and left. Here's a picture of the possible suspect:

free image hosting

These are the best explanations I could come up with as I sit uncomfortably in the couch, writing this post and thinking I may seriously have cracked a bone or something.
In general, I had a great time last night. Congratulations, Anny!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think your cat is to blame. Look at his face!

Anonymous said...

Yo pense que el nombre del gato era milcuatrocientos...lol

Unknown said...

That cat's evil I tell ya! Eeeevhil! You should check out www.mycathatesyou.com. I think Neo is a shoe in.